Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I reject this Texas winter weather

I leave for Fiji in 2 days. I mean technically since it's 1 am on the 2nd I leave in only one day. 85 degrees. No snow. I have about 1 thousands things to do before I leave and there is no way I am going to finish it all. Why did I decided to wait until the last minute to finish everything? Oh, that's right, because that's how I do everything.

On Monday I had a gathering at Cici's in Frisco (where I do YoungLife) so I could say bye to the YoungLife girls before I leave. A bunch showed up and I was just overwhelmed by how lucky I am to do YoungLife in such a great area. At one point some of them went around a circle and said their "favorite things about me". Usually not my style because I'm known for disregarding every compliment I get, but it was a fun thing to see the works and time I've put into Frisco YoungLife hasn't gone unnoticed by the girls. I really am going to miss them and wish daily that I could change their high schools to make it better for them as Christians/new Christians.

Today I finished reading R.C. Sproul's commentary on Romans. It was great. I've been putting it off for months and I finally put my foot down and decided I wasn't going to take a 1/2 read book on a plane when I could just finish it in one day. So. Much. Theology. It took me about 10 hours to read 200 pages. That has never happened to me before. I am a pretty fast reader and so it was brutal to have to sit in the same spot for 10 hours reading. Nevertheless it was incredible. I definitely felt/feel the Holy Spirit moving in my heart. Good one God.

Through that study I've decided that my "theme verse" for this trip is going to be Romans 12:12,

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."

Starting new adventures although can be exciting, can be hard and I think if I keep this verse on my mind constantly my goal will be as clear as day. Jesus.

I'm thankful for all the support my friends and family has given me and look forward to paying everyone back with lovely pictures of Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment