Friday, February 4, 2011

I hopped off the plane at LAX...and then the drama started

The plane from Dallas to LA was awesome. I got a motion sickness patch and it did wonders. I've never felt so good while traveling. On top of that they played 30 rock. The only issue I had was the fact that I didn't pee before we left and the whole flight I couldn't stop think about how much I had to pee. It was killing me. The flight was about 3 hours and I didn't go until we had 30 minutes left. Too long. We had some more turbulence then usual but because of the miracle patch I was fine!

Once we got to LAX things started to fall apart. It's no wonder why Hollywood is here. (so much drama!) First we had to physically leave the airport in order to find our airlines. Once we found air pacific we had to wait in a 45 minute line just to find out that we had to wait in another 45 minute line to pay. Pay what you ask? Well they decided to add a random baggage charge of $115. No one told us about this in advance. We were told our baggage was free. Some people had to pay as much as $300 for their luggage. When we finally got through, we had to go through international security. When we finally got to the part where we were going to push our stuff through the machines the alarm went off and everyone had to stop and wait 15 minutes. Once we got through security we ran to our flight which was now 45 minutes behind schedule. I guess they didn't want to start 'er up because when we got inside the plane it smelled of B.O. and was so hot.

The plane finally took off! The flight attendants brought us dinner and I was so thankful because we didn't know they'd bring us something to eat and we didn't have time to stop during all the chaos. We all got our own tvs and were able to pick what we wanted to watch so that was fun. I watched 13 going on 30 and time really flew by. I waited until 9 pm Fiji time and tried to go to sleep. I never thought I was going to get comfortable though. After about an hour of wiggling around I found a spot and crashed...for a few hours. Around 2:30 am the lights in the airport went on and they served us "breakfast" it looked disgusting and was pretty much 90% meat. I'm usure of what the other 10% was. So I pushed it away and went back to sleep for a few hours. Our flight finally arrived at 5:30am and once we got off the plane we had to find security...it wasn't too hard since there were 400 of us. Once that was over with I had to find my luggage, luckily I found mine! Then we had to go through customs and I accidentally got in the line where you "claim goods" so I ended up claiming my pretzels. Win. Win. Once everyone went through security we all got on a bus with our luggage which took about 30 minutes, drove LITERALLY across the street to the Airport Hotel and unloaded. I like my roommate, but I found out that we are going to have new roommates during our homestay which starts Monday. I'll post more about Fiji later.

So far, so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment