Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April flowers bring May showers....of blessings

On the way to the Sydney Opera House!
My time in Australia is nearing an end. I have a little less then 2 months left and the days seem to be flying by faster and faster. It seems like it was just yesterday I was in Fiji daydreaming about finally getting to Oz. With that being said I intend to make the most of my next 2 months here!

So many fun things have happened so this post will be a jam-packed, random one but still good. For starters,  I thought it might be nice to update everyone on the prayer request I mentioned at the beginning of this journey and while I'm at it, add a little more! I'll strike out the ones done or achieved so we can Praise God for answered prayers!

-God to be glorified during this 5 month trip ongoing
-Comfort for my family (especially my mom!!) ongoing
My flight to LA and then Fiji
The family I am staying with in Fiji for 10 days during my Environmental Studies class
The other study abroad student I am staying with in Fiji with the host family
My classes in Fiji
My flight from Fiji to Sydney
-My roommates in Sydney ongoing
That I will find/have a support system in Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My flight to Cairns & The Great Barrier Reef/My flight from Cairns back to Sydney
Safety in the Great Barrier Reef (this actually ended up being during all the disasters in Japan)
-My classes in Sydney ongoing
-Friends I meet in Sydney and in Fiji to see the love of Christ poured out through my actions ongoing
-General safety ongoing
Hopefully being able to go to New Zealand during one of the school breaks (not gonna happen...but no worries! I'm having the time of my life!)
-Remaining in constant prayer during the entire trip ongoing!
-Encouragement to continue reading daily ongoing!
-Not getting sick or needing to go to the hospital in a foreign country ongoing
-Flight back to US
-Great memories and friends ongoing
-God's Kingdom to grow ongoing

added prayer requests as of 5/5/11

-God's will to be done above every and any prayer request we may think up
-Cornerstone Church to reach Pyrmont and make a notable difference in Christ's name
-Cornerstone Church to be attractive to residents of Sydney not because of cool stuff or even the nice people, but because of the Truth being preached from 10:15-11:15 am
-A revival for Pyrmont/Sydney/Australia
-Lifelong bonds & encouragement to keep in touch
-My mom's flight to and from Australia in June
-YoungLife Australia
-Fire to continue building in my heart for Christ & knowing Him deeply
-Camp Kedron campers

I'm so thankful for what Christ has been doing in Australia and in my heart. We're going through Acts at Cornerstone and while I'm reading it during my personal time I've been so encouraged. I've read Acts a few times but openly said it wasn't really anything cool to me. After reading it this time I think it's one of the coolest and most encouraging books in the entire bible! How could I be so blind! Praise God!

On to other things way less important:
I went to the Sydney Opera House! It was pretty neat because, frankly, how many people can say they've seen a show at the Sydney Opera House!
I found a flesh eating spider in my bed. Well that's debated but I'm convinced. And yes it was terrifying.

I guess that's pretty much it. I thought there were heaps more things to say but they seem to be slipping my mind since I'm running on 0 hours of sleep (that's what happens when you wake up with flesh eating spiders in your bed...you're scared to ever go back to sleep)

2 comments:

  1. hey... i found your blog... stalker much? YES!... didnt find your glasses though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha glad somebody reads this at least! (even if it is a stalker)

    ReplyDelete