Sunday, March 20, 2011

Busy Bee

I've been such a busy bee these last few weeks, but things have finally settled down.

Classes are great. I think I went into detail about this before but if not heres a quick explanation. They don't have classes MWF or TT like we do, they are usually just one day for lecture (about an hour) and then a tut (lab) and the times vary but most are an hour. In the tuts you have a presentation and have to pretty much teach the class for 15 minutes about that weeks topic. I've done one of my presentations already and it went very well!

We went to Cairns last weekend and I was able to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef! It was wonderful! Since it's their rainy season the town was a little gloomy but we found our own fun and had a blast. One of the days we were in Cairns we went on an all day tour around the city and were able to see (and play with) tons of kangaroos at a wildlife reserve.

The weekend before our Cairns trip we went to a parade down Oxford street called "Mardi Gras" We didn't know that you have to get there 5 hours early and we weren't able to see any of the parade! Regardless it was fun to be in the city with everyone and we met some great friends!

When we aren't attending crazy events we go to the beach, hang out on campus or watch movies.

I haven't really hit a snag yet or found something I didn't like here. It makes me nervous because I'm already dreading leaving!

I found the YoungLife here and got involved with their club! On Friday I went to club and this Thursday I'm planning on doing contact work at the school so that will be a lot of fun!

Other then that, nothing else seems to be new. I'll update more when more stuff happens!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment