Friday, September 11, 2009

Open my eyes to the things unseen.

Yesterday I was burden to skip my western civilization class and had no idea why. 20 minutes before class I prayed about going since the hot topic of the last few weeks has been religion I felt like maybe God was leading me towards staying home and reading instead. At the last minute I put everything aside and decided to go [you know since my mom is paying a ridiculous amount of money for me to go to that very class] and what I learned was priceless. The discussion started and my heart was racing, the teacher decided today's topic was Moses and the exodus of Egypt. He claimed that historically there is no proof that Moses ever existed, and there was no 600,000 person exodus out of Egypt. Now, I knew what he was saying was false because I've heard endless sermons and younglife talks about the accuracy of the Bible, plus done a small amount of research on my own. Anyways, I was so concerned about the 299 other students in my class that could have been struggling in their faith. I wanted more than anything to speak up but I knew I didn't know enough about this subject to argue so I shot a text message to Spencer, AmyKitchel and Robyn. Spencer provided me with prayer, Robyn provided me with future date to discuss notes from an old younglife talk and AmyKitchel said she'd find out more information and call me later. About 15 minutes after my class got out AmyKitchel called me and told me an incredible story. She is going through Jesus school at the moment and during class their phones must be turned off, somehow her phone got turned on while in her bag and was on loud so when I sent her that text her phone rang causing the professor to draw his attention towards the noise. He made an announcement to the class asking who it was and just to admit it so of course Amy raised her hand. The professor then told her it was okay, as long as she read the text message out loud to the class. It read "Right now my western civ teacher is saying Moses didn't exist and there was no exodus from Egypt. He is saying there is no evidence other than the bible?" She read my text causing pretty much all of her classmates to run up to her after class and let her know what to tell me resulting in her calling me and telling me this story. God is so good. After I took a step back and looked at all the events that occurred I realized that it wasn't God burdening me to skip class, it was definitely the devil. If I didn't go to class I wouldn't have thought about researching more about the history of the bible and because I did go to class I am being shown ways to speak up next time I am put in this situation. Plus 1,000,000

Classes are okay. I miss Texas. Minus 2

Last weekend I was able to go home for my dad's birthday. It was so good and he loved his birthday present (tickets to the Arkansas/A&M football game at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium). Spencer came with me and it was a lot of fun. I loved spending time with my family and am learning more and more this year how much I love them and miss them. I am so blessed to have them. My sister's house looks awesome and I'm so happy she finally has that. I also was able to spend a lot of time with Caitlin and Kathryn (I love them), two of the girls I (and Holley! love her.) took to camp. I go home on October 2nd and am excited to see everyone again. Plus 6

On Monday I was eating brunch with Caitlin and got a message on my phone saying that it couldn't make or receive calls and I had to plug it into my computer (which was 30 minutes away). I was so stressed out because I was leaving at 3 and already on a tight schedule. I went on about my day without it and once I got home I plugged it in. Nothing happened. I called apple care, they were off for labor day. I called all the apple stores, they were completely full. There are no apple stores in Arkansas so I had no choice, I had to stay another night (oh darn.) I was able to make an appointment for Monday night (through the grace of God) I had a new baby iPhone (Chuy Jr.) by 6:15 pm. Since I wasn't going home anymore I decided to go to the Frisco Young Life Sonic Pre-Club hang out! It was awesome and I'm glad I was able to see everyone again before I left. All in all it was good. Plus 5

My roommates are great. Plus 3

Some friends of mine are starting Fantasy Football and we are picking our draft tonight! Wish me luck! Plus 3

Well, that looks like a pretty full update on my life. A few more important details will be filled in at some point. If you guys could be praying for unity at the University of Arkansas with all the religious organizations that'd be awesome! They are trying to start up an all campus worship and it looks to have some real potential!

Total Points: 1,000,015

3 comments:

  1. Beck! That is so awesome about your western civ class. GOD RULES. haha I love you and I'm sad that I am in Dallas right now and you were here last weekend. boo. I'm glad everything in Faytown is good though. I love keeping up with you through this blog. ahhhh you da best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?" -Francis Chan (from his book Crazy Love)

    I'm so glad that God is working miracles in yourlife Becca. He's been so present in mine recently as well and it is so encouraging to see Him in my friends' lives as well. I'll be home on October 2nd too (I'm going on the Junior High retreat as a leader for the Heights) so I'll drive to Melissa so we can hang out before I leave. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca!!! I saw you are coming down the second. Guess what... my birthday is on the third :)

    ReplyDelete