Friday, August 28, 2009

Tonight! Yes, TONIGHT!

First week of school = over! My classes seem... ok. I thought they were going to be a lot easier because they are basic classes but I know it will be alright. My western civ 1 class is going to be my toughest class because all tests are accumulative and its over lecture and the book (they don't overlap) Sad day. I can't seem to pay attention in my classes so I'm going to look in to figuring something out to keep my focus! Minus 3

I don't think I really have a "favorite class" but there are pros and cons of each class. Art History: The teacher reads from a script. Word for word. pro- its hysterical when she loses her place and makes excuses so it doesn't look like she lost her place. con- she's reading from a script and its the most boring 50 minutes of my life. Psyc: My teacher is a TA. pro- it shouldn't be too hard con- at times I feel like I know more about a subject then he does. Communications: My teacher is an Honors teacher so she's teaching the course the exact same as an honors class even though its just a regular class. pro- she really knows what she's doing and it's a lot different from a regular boring class con- I'm not getting an honors credit for an honors class. Human Diversity & Social Work: This is my major class & I'm really interested in everything we talk about. pro- 90% of the class are social work majors and everyone seems to be a "people person". Also, the teacher doesn't pronounce the "th" infront of words like the, this, then she supplements it with a "d" da, dis, den. con-the lecture is so boring. Western Civ 1: This is a 300+ lecture class pro-none con- see paragraph 1. Paying for college and getting a great education/all A's Plus 2

YoungLife is going to be amazing. Period. The first YoungLife College club was on Wednesday and it was so fun! A lot of freshman showed up and I'm really excited to get to know all the new girls. We had a little bump in the road today with High School YoungLife but it was fixed before we even had time to worry about it. Good one God. I can't wait to hear all about the details on Sunday during the leader meeting! Plus 5

In about 30 minutes I am going to the ticket office so I can camp out and buy a Arkansas/A&M Football ticket. They go on sale at 8:30 am tomorrow and Sara, Gini (some of my roommates) and I are going to camp outside and get amazing tickets! Yayyaya. I surly hope my phone doesn't die or it starts raining! Great time bonding! Plus 4

Today I was reading the last chapter of Numbers (Yes! Yes! Yes) and as I was reading I was thinking about how everything in the bible really happened. It's history, whether people believe in God or not is the only questionable thing. But everything is history and really happened. So while I was reading it I pulled up a map of all these places Moses & the gang were going and thought it was kind of neat to follow them with my finger as I read. THEN in my art history class we just so happen to talk about all the places I had read about earlier. It was awesome that I got to see the bible brought to life! Plus 10!!

I promise to put up pictures asap! Now I'm on my way to camp out for football tickets! Yay! Can't wait!

Total points: 18
Plus Jon Jordan's comment puts this blog to 100,018 points.

If you're keeping up with the prayers all my prayer requests are the same! Yall are the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment